This week on the African Bohemian podcast, we speak to Yasmine Fofana aka “Afrofoodie”- a West African food lover with a taste for international cuisine. Yasmine who is currently based in London is a Mandela Washington Fellow and a master’s student pursuing a post-graduate degree in Tourism. Six years ago, she started food blogging, initially as a past time, but soon enough, her food blog became quite renowned for its content and she quickly became the foodie reference for Ivorian readers from France & the United States. Yasmine refuses to define herself as a food or restaurant critic, but instead sees herself as a food lover/food entrepreneur. In the six years since Yasmine started her food blogging adventure, she has launched the 1st restaurant/food blog of Côte d’Ivoire and introduced the Abidjan Restaurant week.
In this episode we touch on:
- what inspired Yasmine to start her culinary adventure;
- great spots to find African Cuisine in London;
- the importance of establishing good working relations in the food industry;
- following your passion but putting in the work,
- the challenge of being consistent, and
- the intricacies of achieving that picture-perfect food selfie.
For more on our podcast conversation, click here.
You can find out more about Yasmine the “AfroFoodie” on
Website- Journal of Afro Foodie